Do you often find it challenging to make time for yourself? Do you struggle with overwhelm or burnout? Are you stuck in an unhappy relationship or unfulfilling job? Do you find it difficult to communicate your needs, or sometimes not even know what you do need?
In a world where there are constant demands at work, home, in our relationships and the community it is so easy to get lost in doing life and forget about actually living the life we want. People who lack in self-love often suffer with depression, anxiety, low self-esteem, lack of assertiveness and sometimes recurrent physical illness. They tend to attract destructive or relationships or settle for mediocre connections, have little direction in their lives, play small in their careers, are overcritical of themselves, suffer with stress and burnout, are perfectionists, give too much or are needy. They often wear a mask to disguise who they really are and tend to seek outside of themselves to fill the void they feel within. Most of this is caused unconscious self-limiting beliefs and the result is disconnection to the self and a perpetual cycle of unhappy and disappointing life experiences.
If any of this sounds like you then you can take comfort in the knowledge that a little conscious self-love will start to ease and reassure your soul. When you take care for yourself you reset your energetic vibration to one of abundance, compassion and love, you are full and strong enough to support others and you attract love back to yourself.
Self-Love isn’t about being selfish, self-absorbed or narcissistic. It’s about connecting with your innate human needs, nourishing your soul and making time to enjoy the beautiful life you have been given.
Here are 6 wonderful self-love acts you can quickly and easily incorporate daily into your busy schedule.
1. Be mindful of how you talk to yourself. Would you speak to your friend, lover or children the way you speak to yourself? If things go wrong or you’re having a bad day, cut yourself some slack, give yourself some praise and remember you are worthy.
2. Do something every day that you enjoy. Whether it’s a soak in the bath, buying a bunch of flowers or coffee with a friend, allow yourself some pleasure, guilt-free. Savour the experience, be present and know you deserve it.
3. Make time to relax. We all have a never-ending to do list but small moments of calm are so important for our mental health and wellbeing. Try 5 minutes of meditation, reading your favourite book or taking a mindful walk in nature. You’ll feel recharged, focussed and ready for the next task ahead.
4. Believe in yourself. You can’t please everyone all of the time so say bye bye to the naysayers, cut toxic people out of your life and surround yourself with people you love, who build you up and encourage you. Remind yourself daily of your best qualities and how special you are.
5. Learn to say No! Setting good boundaries for yourself and the time you give to others is not selfish and it doesn’t make you a bad person. It’s smart and means you value yourself and your time.
6. Find something to be grateful for. We all have down days and that’s OK. It’s called being human. However, it’s especially important to find positive things to focus on in these times. When you’re in a state of gratitude it’s hard to feel sad, alone, lost or broken.
At Indigo Moon we run a very special 6-week Self-Love Course. We believe the first step in learning to love yourself is to acknowledge that your life, health or happiness level isn’t where you’d like it to be and to commit to making time for yourself. So we warmly invite you to join us for our next course. It could be your first step to reclaiming some happiness and positivity in your life.
Our ‘I deserve Love’ course will take you only 1-2 hours a week over 6 weeks. We meet once a week (currently online due to covid restrictions) and your first challenge is to commit to showing up for yourself on time each week and every week, without fail. If this sounds tough for you, if you’re telling yourself you can’t make time, other commitments are more important or you’re feeling resistance to delving into your own sense of self-worth, then you absolutely need this course!!
You will learn about how we allow ourselves to become neglected, what causes us to have low self-worth and why we are unable to nurture ourselves. Each week, we’ll show you why it is so
important to take care of yourself and we’ll equip you with a toolkit of easy ways you can start to shift your mindset, heal negative core beliefs you may hold about yourself and begin to value yourself more. There’ll be meditations, activities and weekly tasks, as well as suggested reading all designed to heal, soothe and empower you back to a place of self-love. We want to help you see just how wonderful and loveable you really are. For you are truly special and deserve love, abundance and deeply fulfilling relationships.
Self-Love takes practice, but with consistent attention to the little acts of kindness you give yourself, you will start to feel loved from the inside out. And nothing can take that away from you. What a beautiful way to be!