Indian Head Massage
Indian head massage is an ancient therapeutic practice that has been used in India for over 2000 years, usually by mothers on their daughters. It focuses on massaging acupressure points along the head, neck and shoulders, often using circular massage strokes to improve hair and scalp condition.
Indian head massage originates from an Indian alternative medicine system called Ayurveda (meaning the ‘science of life’), where it is believed that the mind and body are intricately connected and thus can influence one another. Through this theory, it is understood that Indian head massage can not only reduce headaches and improve physical well-being, but also improve mental and emotional wellness too.
During the treatment, you’ll be invited to lie down under a blanket, having removed your top. A typical Indian head massage treatment usually starts with the shoulders as it often holds a lot of tension. The upper back may also be massaged working around the shoulder blade. Following this, flowing motions will move up the neck massaging and stretching to relieve any stress and tension. Finally, the scalp is then massaged along the acupressure points on the head, on to the forehead and the area around the eyes.
50 minute treatment: £83
Indian Head Massage has many benefits including:
- Promotes hair growth by increasing oxygen in the hair follicles which stimulates growth and health.
- Prevents headaches and migraines by releasing built-up tension in the head and neck area and relieving muscle stiffness
- Renews and balances energy levels by working with the three higher chakras
- Relieves symptoms of depression and anxiety through relaxation
- Stimulates lymphatic drainage by circulating blood to the neck area
- Better sleep by reducing stress